Where can I get information about external funding opportunities?
On this page you will find links to access federal agencies, government corporations and other renowned organizations to which you may resort to obtain updated information about external funding opportunities that are offered. You will also find links to access organizations devoted to publishing external funding opportunities daily, which you may access and subscribe to electronically, completely free. Lastly, links are included to access the most important federal regulations that you should be aware of during the process of drafting and filing of a proposal and the implementation of a project, once it has been approved.
Links to principal federal agencies that provide external funding opportunities
- Department of Agriculture
- Agricultural Research Service
- Cooperative State Research, Education and Extension Service
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Defense
- Department of Education
- Department of Energy
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Department of Justice
- Office of Justice and Delinquency Prevention
- Department of Labor
- Department of State
- Department of Transportation
- Department of Veteran Affairs
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- National Institute of Health
- National Endowment of Arts
- US Department of Health and Human Services HHS Agencies
- Institute of Museum and Library Services
- Health Resources and Services Administration
Other Links – Government Corporations
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Federal Communications Commission
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Inter-American Foundation
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Small Business Administration
- United States International Development Cooperation Agency
- American Psychological Association
- Lousiana State University Libraries (U.S. Federal Government Agencies Directory)
- National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Society for Research Administrators (SAI)
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- The Foundation Center
- The National Council of University Research Administrators
SPINPlus is a system that includes a funding opportunity database, a profile of the researchers and alert matches.
The three Modules that make up the SPINPlus:
- SPIN (Sponsored Programs Information Network) provides information about the varied sources of government, state, international and private funding.
- GENIUS (Global Expertise Network for Industry, University, and Scholars) contains the profiles of researchers of principal worldwide institutions.
- SMARTS (SPIN Matching And Research Transmittal Service) is an electronic notification system that provides funding opportunities.
Manuals and Didactic Guides: